Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Look at Home Teeth Whitening Kits and How You Save

I would love to go in and have a quick one-hour laser whitening, but at this point in time I am too broke, so I turned to home teeth whitening kits for help. I am a college student and not surprisingly, I am on a fixed budget. So I went out in search of an affordable whitening kit that would do the job and give me a bright new smile.
My mornings always start out with me consuming my daily two cups of coffee from the dining hall or the occasional large iced coffee from local coffee shop. My coffee habits have made my teeth resent me and I have the stains to prove it.
The first time I went to buy a whitening kit I was floored. There are just so many options on the shelves these days. I had to consider what brand I wanted to buy and how long I was willing to waiting and spend for my new white teeth. Most whitening kits aim for whiter teeth in just seven days, but some won't do the trick until a whole month after you start the process.
The first kit I bought was a thirty-day whitening strips kit. I had to apply a strip to the top and the bottom of my teeth for a total of 15 minutes twice a day. It took me a little while to stop myself from salivating so much while wearing the strips.
It took a little getting used to, but I eventually got the hang of it and I was good at keeping a schedule and reminding myself that I had to do it in order to get some new pearly whites. I wrote a note on my calendar each day to also remind myself, but it got daunting after week two.
The results were well worth the wait. It was very apparent that I had a new white smile, but I was disappointed because the strips were so tiny they didn't cover all of my teeth. It felt weird having white teeth in the front and weird yellow teeth in the back.
The second at home kit I used was a 7 day whitening strip kit. I could tell that the strips were strong than the other kit and the price difference between the two was only $10. The 7 day kit is slightly more expensive, but just as effective and you get noticeable results just after two days if you're in a time crunch.
Lastly, I used a whitening marker that I bought for $9 at a drug store. It was awkward to use because you had to wait for the solution to dry before you got any saliva on it. It worked well for spot treatment, but I highly suggest the 7 day home teeth whitening kits above the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment